Autism: Explaining the Enigma is a book authored by by Uta Frith. She is a developmental psychologist working at the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience at University College, London.
The book is divided into twelve chapters dealing with different aspects and issues related to autism:
- Chapter - 1 What is Autism?
- Chapter - 2 The Enchantment of Autism
- Chapter - 3 Lessons from History
- Chapter - 4 Is there an Autism Epidemic?
- Chapter - 5 Mind Reading and Mind Blindness
- Chapter - 6 Autistic Aloneness
- Chapter - 7 The Difficulty of Taking to Others
- Chapter - 8 Intelligence and Special Talents
- Chapter - 9 A Fragmented World
- Chapter - 10 Sensations and Repetitions
- Chapter - 11 Seeing the Brain through a Scanner
- Chapter - 12 A Different Brain - A Different Mind
- Autism: Explaining the Enigma - Some pages